Friday, June 2, 2017

Ladder Stitch Bracelets - free pattern





What a beautiful day we had today! Long walks out in the sun and coffee with a lake view - something I needed to let my mind roam freely.
Hands have been busy too - I made these easy bracelets which are going to be a part of a bigger piece. I named them ladder bracelets - it is obvious why, so if you are into friendship bracelets and want to try something different, this is a project for you. They work up fast and are really cute.

Pattern:
Use a 3 mm hook and DK yarn
Foundation: Ch "x" number of stitches - even number of stitches. Measure the chain around your wrist until both ends meet.
Row 1: hdc in 3rd st from hook (initial chain), next ch2 sk2 hdc in next st.

When you come to the end, chain the closure - for this you have to have a bead or a button ready so first try how many chains you'll need for it and chain the necessary amount.
Row 2: ch 2 and hdc1 in first space, next, hdc2 in each chain space, hdc1 in the chain stitch. Repeat this pattern across. When you come to the last chain space, hdc 2,ch1, hdc2 (that would be the other end where you will sew on a button) and from there, don't turn your work but continue working the other side with the same pattern: hdc2 in each chain space, hdc1 in the chain stitch.

When you come to the other end - where the closure loop is -  sc 5 in the loop/ chain and then sl st to end. Tie knots, weave ends. Fill the chain spaces with beads or leave as is.

Enjoy this and have a happy weekend!









17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, a wonderful idea! Lovely with the delicate detail of beads. Thank's for the explanation!
Have a great weekend, Sigrid

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Sigrid! The whole collection is based on yarn, textiles, beads (wooden, metal, platic) and I play with them to my heart's content!

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

Thank you! I'll make a few for my niece birthday. :-)
Pinned

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Thank you for the pattern, dear Maya. I was already wondering how you got the beads in... Pretty bracelets, one can make them in every colour one likes, with matching beads or beads standing out... Great!

Sum of their Stories said...

These are so pretty, thank you for the pattern. Pinning.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

So pretty. Love the colors you chose. :)

Stephanie Abbott said...

Those are great. You make some beautiful crafts! Thanks for sharing at the To Grandma's House We Go link party.

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Julie! Appreciated !

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Marjan ! I just hope the final result turns out the way I imagined.

Maya Kuzman said...

So happy that you'll use these @France Nadeau!

Tarahlynn said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the To Grandma's house we go link party! You will be featured tomorrow morning on my site when the new party starts!

Mary K. said...

Very pretty Maya and they look great in different colors added together.

Kim said...

Your bracelets are so pretty. They look so cool teamed with others of different colours.

Unknown said...

I love them, so pretty. I don't understand how you get the beads in.

Maya Kuzman said...

Hi there unknown!
It's pretty simple. I sew them on after the bracelets are done. I didn't mention in the post, thinking it is obvious from the pictures where I show finished bracelets with no beads and then a photo with the beads on. My mistake! Hope this helps.

Unknown said...

want to make a ton of these, but am I missing something in the pattern? where it says 'work pattern from row 1 on the other side", the 'ch2 sk2 hdc in next stitch' looks nothing like the picture...
thanks

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you for pointing this out. I don't know what happened fo the post and after your comment I discovered that the pattern doesn't make any sense.Thank you so much for pointing that out! I corrected it now and hope it is intelligible now.